Emergency Law Inventory | Full Law Text

Law Number NMAC

Summary Title

Displaced Worker Emergency License: Landscape Architect


When a federal emergency declaration is in effect in another state, a licensed landscape architect in good standing from the affected state can obtain an emergency license to practice in New Mexico by demonstrating proof of current licensure, completing an application, and providing any other documents requested by the Board of Landscape Architects. This section is limited to up to 4 months after the declaration.

Full Title


Full Text

A. Landscape architects currently licensed and in good standing, or otherwise meeting the requirements for New Mexico licensure in a state in which a federal disaster has been declared, may be granted an emergency license in New Mexico during a four-month (4) period following the declared disaster at no cost upon satisfying the following requirements: (1) receipt by the board office of a completed application that has been signed and notarized and accompanied by proof of identity, which may include a copy of a driver's license, passport or other photo identification issued by a governmental entity; (2) other required verification may be obtained from the council of landscape architectural registration boards through the CLARB council record; (3) nothing in this section shall constitute a waiver of qualifications of the requirements for licensure contained in NMAC; (4) sworn affidavit that the applicant was personally or professionally affected by the disaster. B. The board may waive the application fees only. C. The board may waive the specific forms required under NMAC and NMAC only if the applicant is unable to obtain documentation from the federal declared disaster areas. D. The emergency license shall expire on June 30 following the date of issue. Application for initial license shall be made on or before April 1 following the date of issue of the emergency license. E. The board reserves the right to request additional documentation, including but not limited to, recommendation forms and work experience verification forms prior to approving the initial license.