Emergency Law Inventory | Full Law Text

Law Number

7 AAC 26.150(f)

Summary Title

License Reciprocity: EMT


EMT-I, EMT-II, and EMT-III certificates can be issued to a person from another state, territory, or nation when providing care under a mutual aid agreement. The person must have completed appropriate training and requirements. The supervising physician for the EMT is not required to be located or licensed in Alaska.

Full Title


Full Text

(f) The department will, in its discretion, issue an EMT-I, EMT-II, or EMT-III certificate to a person living in another state, territory, or nation, if the person will provide care in this state under a mutual aid agreement with an emergency medical service certified under AS 18.08 and this chapter. The applicant must meet the requirements of 7 AAC 26.030, except that a person providing advanced life support may be under the sponsorship of a physician licensed in the other state, territory, or nation who agrees to fulfill the requirements outlined in 7 AAC 26.640.