Emergency Law Inventory | Full Law Text

Law Number

5 CCR 10121

Summary Title

Work Permit: Minor


A minor who is not receiving pay or financial reimbursement for volunteer services, is not in a employer-employee relationship, and has submitted parental permission to their school is not required to obtain a workers' permit to volunteer.

Full Title

Volunteers/Unpaid Trainees and Work Permits

Full Text

Work permits are not required for minors who meet all of the following conditions:; (a) the minor is not receiving pay or financial reimbursement for services rendered in volunteer services or educational purposes; (b) the minor is not in an employer-employee relationship in accordance with The Fair Labor Standards Act and the minor is an unpaid trainee, volunteer, or in-school placement; and (c) the minor has parental permission and has submitted written evidence thereof with the school district, charter school, or private school of enrollment.